October 13, 2012

Our Lady of Fatima

Today is the Feast of the Miracle of the Sun at Fatima (it also happens to be Lady Modesty's birthday, happy birthday funny gal!).  I was going to talk about Modesty as that is one of the messages of Fatima. Our Lady said,  Certain styles and fashions are being introduced which gravely offend My Divine Son.
Isn't that the truth.  And that was back in 1913.  The pressure against those who wear skirts all the time sometimes gets annoying, but that is no reason to change one's convictions.  Not for me anyway. So I always remind myself that I have this great opportunity to make up for the sins against modesty through people who find it their duty to make you feel like you have 2 heads rather than just a skirt on.  I'm ok with that. It gives me something to offer to God, albeit something rather small but Our Lord and Our Lady like those small things, beautiful little acts of simplicity.

However, I went to the Vatican website to read some about the messages of Fatima, and read something very interesting regarding the "conversion of Russia".  In the Secret it says,
“The third part of the secret refers to Our Lady's words: ‘If not [Russia] will spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions of the Church. The good will be martyred; the Holy Father will have much to suffer; various nations will be annihilated' (13-VII-1917).

Our president is doing a great job spreading Russia's errors!

This was written by Sr. Lucia (the oldest of the 3 visionaries) in 1982:
The third part of the secret is a symbolic revelation, referring to this part of the Message, conditioned by whether we accept or not what the Message itself asks of us: ‘If my requests are heeded, Russia will be converted, and there will be peace; if not, she will spread her errors throughout the world, etc.'.

Since we did not heed this appeal of the Message, we see that it has been fulfilled, Russia has invaded the world with her errors. And if we have not yet seen the complete fulfilment of the final part of this prophecy, we are going towards it little by little with great strides. If we do not reject the path of sin, hatred, revenge, injustice, violations of the rights of the human person, immorality and violence, etc.

And let us not say that it is God who is punishing us in this way; on the contrary it is people themselves who are preparing their own punishment. In his kindness God warns us and calls us to the right path, while respecting the freedom he has given us; hence people are responsible”.
 
 
I haven't seen an era of peace since 1982, have you?  I have, however, seen a much greater decline in any moral values, an amazing increase in the most hideous sins I've ever heard of, as well as martyrs!  If you are like me, you've also noticed that there is much suffering... that is merely God's Way of purging us. He wants us in Heaven with Him. It's mutual on my account! 

No comments:

Post a Comment