September 30, 2010

Unbelievable

I'm so not a news person but sometimes I read the news. I am questioning whether I could possibly have understood this correctly....
*
The governor [of California] is demanding that teachers in kindergarten through fifth grade actually pass tests in reading and math in order to be certified.
*
So... prior to this unbelieveable demand (meaning, it is unbelieveable it wasn't assumed a teacher could at least read and do math) what were teachers certified to do? And does this mean if they can't pass the reading and math test they get demoted to teaching 6th - 12th graders where the teachers don't have to actually pass the tests? Just curious....
*
My camera is once again broken so now I have time to read the news....and give my 2¢
*

1 comment:

  1. I was just about to post for today when I came across yours. Too funny! ;-)

    ReplyDelete