April 15, 2012

Divine Mercy Sunday

 Look into My Heart and see there the love and mercy which I have for humankind, and especially for sinners.  Look and enter into My Passion.
Jesus to Saint Faustina
 He who knows how to forgive prepares for himself many graces from God. As often as I look upon the cross, so often will I forgive with all my heart.
St. Faustina
If a man finds it very hard to forgive injuries, let him look at a Crucifix, and think that Christ shed all His Blood for him, and not only forgave His enemies, but even prayed His Heavenly Father to forgive them also. Let him remember that when he says the ‘Our Father’, every day, instead of asking pardon for his sins, he is calling down vengeance on himself.
Saint Philip Neri
 We were blessed to have the Knights of Columbus for our Divine Mercy Procession.  This one also happens to be our awesome neighbor.
 Frodo with our favorite Knight.
 One of the volunteers for the day.
 I think it is just the neatest thing to be in a hallway with the Knights
 A friend of mine's adorable son.
 Yes, the first Sunday after Easter is the Feast of Mercy, but there must also be deeds of mercy, which are to arise out of love for Me. You are to show mercy to our neighbors always and everywhere. You must not shrink from this or try to absolve yourself from it.
Diary of St. Faustina
 Jesus I trust in Thee!
 Every year a friend and I have the blessed privilege to work for Divine Mercy Sunday at the table o' sacramentals and resources. In the middle is a friend we made and look forward to seeing each year.
 Our only hope, our only confidence, our only assured promise, Lord, is Your mercy.
St. Augustine
This is one of the most lovely couples I've ever seen.  They are just so cute.  52+ years of marriage and they still hold hands and are so sweet on each other... well.... it lead me to want a picture of them.    May more marriages be blessed with such happiness.  They radiate the joy of a happy marriage.  Some day I'd like to sit down and listen to their life story.

No comments:

Post a Comment