April 3, 2012

Tuesday of Holy Week

And they came to a farm called Gethsemani. And he saith to his disciples: Sit you here, while I pray.
And he taketh Peter and James and John with him: and he began to fear and to be heavy.
And he saith to them: My soul is sorrowful even unto death. Stay you here and watch.
And when he was gone forward a little, he fell flat on the ground: and he prayed that, if it might be, the hour might pass from him.
And he saith: Abba, Father, all things are possible to thee: remove this chalice from me; but not what I will, but what thou wilt.
And he cometh and findeth them sleeping. And he saith to Peter: Simon, sleepest thou? Couldst thou not watch one hour?
Watch ye: and pray that you enter not into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Mark 14:32-36

This reminds me of a Frodo-funny.  He usually accompanies me to my weekly holy hour. One week I asked if he brought a book with him and he said, "No, I prefer to go right to the Garden."  (sleeping like the Apostles)  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment