September 30, 2011

Falling in Love

If you would like to fall in love with Love (that is God) and have trouble making that kinda-sorta blindish true leap, for whatever reason, try falling in love with the Saints first.  

"Tolle lege" (take up and read) as the child-like voice said to the Great St. Augustine of Hippo.  My next post in on St. Jerome... speaking of a new-found love to fire the spirit and kerwhollop the heart.  I've got lots and lots of people I cannot wait to see in Heaven. 

Try them, the saints are wild, dashing, amazing, funny, spiritual.... human and real!  Hm, that sounded like a commercial for something charismatic. Oh well, I can't help it, the saints are truly awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! And you must have been reading my mind because I was just thinking the same thing. I have a family member who is a fallen-away Catholic and has joined a protestant group because she was offended by a priest. She needs to know and learn more about the lives of the saints to better understand the Faith. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to be a great mind with you!

    As an aside... We are only offended by people on this earth because we look through the eyes of man, when we look at others through the Eyes of God, we are never offended as we deserve no better. Our poor priests who are always blamed for offending us, whether they be right or wrong matters little, they bring us God, what more could we ask? I digress... :)

    ReplyDelete