September 16, 2011

Grumps Anonymous

If you are in the Grumps Anonymous Club (I'm the local president *giggle*), here is a quote to live by:

You ask me whether I am in good spirits. How could I not be so? As long as Faith gives me strength I will always be joyful!
Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassatti

A few more from Blessed Pier
  • Our life, in order to be Christian, has to be a continual renunciation, a continual sacrifice. But this is not difficult, if one thinks what these few years passed in suffering are, compared with eternal happiness where joy will have no measure or end, and where we shall have unimaginable peace.
  • May peace reign in your soul... any other gift we possess in this life is vanity, just as all the things of this world are vain.
  • Foolish is he who follows the pleasures of this world, because these are always fleeting and bring much pain. The only true pleasure is that which comes to us through faith.
  • I ask you to pray a lot for me, because I desperately need from God the grace to carry out my projects to good effect... Only prayers can obtain from God the desired improvement.
I like this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment