August 11, 2012

Emailing with the Children

I know, I'm backward and slow in the 21st century but I just set up email addresses for my oldest 5 children.  Emailing goes something like this:

Hi Mommy,
Eowyn would like an e-mail address so she can right to me.
Love,
Galadriel

Write not right.
Write that 10 times so it is right.
Love,
Mom

Hi Mommy
write write write write write write write write write write write write
I wrote it twelve times.
From Galadriel
adios

Remember when life was simple and children were taught basic skills like knitting, breadmaking, diaper changing and math facts?  (me neither, but it was the way at one time...)  The internet, however, opens a whole 'nother world to teach children about and since it is an entire world of both good and evil all at one's fingertips, it's an aggrevating part of life to train up the children in, better now in my midst than when they are out on their own... assuming they aren't all locked up in a cloistered monastery somewhere, which would be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment