August 12, 2012

Feast of St. Claire

Gaze upon Him, consider Him, contemplate Him, as you desire to imitate Him.

 ♥ Totally love Him, Who gave Himself totally for your love.

Two letters (if you call 1/2 dozen lines a letter *chuckle*) from St. Francis to St. Claire and her daughters in Christ:
♥ Listen, poor little ones, called by the Lord  who are gathered together from many places and provinces:  Live always in truth,  that you may die in obedience.   Do not look to life outside,  for the life of the spirit is better.   I pray you in great love,  to be discrete with the alms  the Lord gives you.  Those who are weighed down by illness and the others who are tired out for their sake, bear it, all of you, in peace,  for you will see that this weariness is precious,  each will be a queen crowned in heaven with the virgin Mary.

♥ Since by divine inspiration you made yourselves daughters and handmaids of the highest, the supreme king, the heavenly father, and you promised yourselves to the holy spirit, choosing to live according to the perfection of the holy Gospel; I want and promise, for me and my brothers, to have loving care and special solicitude for you as for them. [Be well in the lord.]

Yippee! I received special permission to post this lovely new icon made by Mercy.  Thank you, Mercy for letting me share this!  (Isn't it neat that I know someone who makes icons?)

Prayer to St. Clare of Assisi
God of Mercy, You inspired Saint Clare with the love of poverty. By the help of her prayers, may we follow Christ in poverty of spirit and come to the joyful vision of your glory in the Kingdom of Heaven. We ask this through Our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.



A wonderful friend gave this to me for the Feast of St. Claire.  To say I was delighted is an understatement.  She will go right here by my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment