August 22, 2012

Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary

I am the mother of fair love, and of fear, and of knowledge, and of holy hope.
In me is all grace of the way and of the truth, in me is all hope of life and of virtue.
Sirach
 
We live in an era that has lost its love for its Mother, that Immaculate Mother full of Grace given to us as Our Mother from the Cross of Christ... at that moment in which He suffered the most as if to say, "You, my children, I love you so much I leave to you My Mother."  Setting aside all the abominations against the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I will simply not get into that, I have been amazed for a number of years that so many good Catholics have set aside Our Mother, the Mother of God.  The woman God Himself chose, purified, made perfect and immaculate by His Power. God did that...!   Methinks, then, we should not ignore or set her aside as she is the key to the Heart of Christ.  This is the woman in which the Holy Spirit united Himself so perfectly and with such great love, yet without violating her purity, as to bring forth the Son of God.  She contained within her very body Grace Itself. 
 
St. Louis de Montfort speaks of devotion to Jesus through Mary as the easy way. It's the little secret, that everyone should know.  This secret is to simply bring your prayers, your sacrifices and your sufferings to her, she will perfect them, make them pure and immaculate and bring them to the feet of Christ. God will not deny her... she is His Mother afterall. The one He chose to be His Mother.  St. Alphonsus Liguori spoke in the Glories of Mary that she has even begged God for souls who were corrupt at the end of their lives for the simple reason that these souls brought her flowers as a child.  As if to say  "At one time, My Dear Son, this child loved me so purely and sweetly that he adorned my feet with flowers of great love.  Have mercy, My Son." 
 
On this beautiful Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, let's renew our love for Our Blessed Mother, she whose heart was so filled with perfect love for God, that our hearts may be filled with that same love.  And how will we know if our love is true?  In how we treat our neighbor.  We can deceive ourselves in our love of God and His Mother, we cannot deceive ourselves in how we love our neighbor.  Love one another as I have loved you.  In other words, love unto death itself... but remember, it was Our Blessed Mother who stood at the foot of the cross, she stands also at the feet of our crosses.  Go to her, she will bring you to a deeper love of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment