August 15, 2012

Feast of the Assumption

Happy Feast of the Assumption of Our Blessed Mother into Heaven!

I don't know the history behind this picture but I wondered if these were the Apostles, still themselves as ever, "Where'd she go?", their expressions made me smile and chuckle....  except St. John, who I imagine is the man in the back left looking up at his Mother.  He was so close to her, the closest of all next to her Divine Son afterall they were given to each other from the Cross by Our Lord Himself.

But this picture, although not as brilliant as the one above, I liked because Our Lady's gaze remained on her Spouse, the Holy Spirit, in the form of a beautiful white dove as she was taken up into Heaven.  Be it done unto me according to Thy Word.  I like to think about the love of the Holy Spirit and Our Blessed Mother... what a union!

I have yet to find a picture of Our Lady that matches her true beauty, then again, inner beauty is rarely... if ever... captured in a picture.  It is seen only through the eyes... and the heart and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment